How To Apply

Who can apply?

  • Individuals/Community Groups/Charitable Organisations (we are unable to help Limited Companies/Businesses).
  • You must live within the Parish of Chippenham at the time of application and you need to have lived in Chippenham for at least 2 years.
  • You must have the intent to benefit the people of Chippenham.
  • Please telephone our offices on 01249 658180 to have a conversation about your requirements, and if appropriate, to send you the relevant application form. Our staff will help and advise you with your application.  Alternatively you can send us an email. Please provide a brief outline of your requirements, together with confirmation that you have lived in Chippenham for a minimum of 2 years, to: 


  • An application form will need to be completed, this form will include your financial details along with evidence of financial need.
  • Once a completed form has been received it will be looked at in detail by our Welfare Officer or Education Officer who will contact you to discuss your application in more detail.
  • Applications will then be discussed at the relevant Sub-Committee for recommendation. The recommendation from the Sub-Committee is then put to the monthly meeting of the Board of Trustees for the funding decision.
  • Information Required
    • Details of what you need help with and how much you think it will cost. We will also need to know who else lives in your household. Without this information we may not be able to  consider your application.
    • If you are applying for mobility equipment, i.e. wheelchairs/scooters etc. We will ask you to have a form signed by your doctor confirming your need. If Trustees are minded to help with your application you will be asked to attend the ‘Independent Living Centre’ where you will be assessed to decipher which equipment would best suit your needs.
    • We need to know about anyone else you have approached for assistance.
    • We need to know about any other previous help you have had from us, we will not be able to consider your application if you have had help from us within the past two years, or one year for educational applications, or mobility aids. This can be broached in exceptional circumstances. If this is the case you should contact our Welfare Officer who may be able to advise you on whether to submit your application or give further help about other organisations who may be able to help you.
    • If you are already receiving benefits you must first apply for any available government funding.


  • An organisation application form is available from the CBLC Office or can be sent via email or post, it must be completed, and returned, with financial details including: Balance Sheet/Annual Report. To request a form by email simply message:
  • If there is any further information needed when the relevant Officer checks your application you will be contacted by telephone to either arrange a meeting or discuss the matter via phone.
  • What Trustees like to see on Organisation applications:
    • Funding being sought from other sources.
    • A specific amount of money that is required.
    • Clear statements on how the money awarded will be used to benefit the people of Chippenham.
    • Copies of quotes.