You will find information here to help with contacting local organisations and professionals that we work with in relation to welfare, schools and the arts. You will also find information about hiring a room at one of our community centres together with how to volunteer to help with maintaining two areas of the Borough Lands .
- Wiltshire Citizens Advice – an independent charity committed to helping people successfully deal with the problems they face.
- Christians Against Poverty – Chippenham Debt Centre, giving free debt advice to anyone who feels weighed down by debt.
- Carers support Wiltshire – help for carers to access services, information, education and training, respite and breaks from their caring role.
- Wessex Water – help if you are finding it hard to pay your water bill
- Careplus Mobility (Bristol) – problems with your motorised scooter/wheelchair loan from us? Give Careplus a call – 01761 417 355
- Independent Living Centre Semington – offering impartial advice to older and disabled people, helping find practical solutions for easier living.
- Waste Not Want Not – registered charity serving the local community. They collect, free of charge, donations of furniture and household items that remain in good condition then offer these at low cost, to people on tight budgets, so they can create comfortable homes to feel proud of.
- Adult Social Care helpline – for advice and information – 0300 4560111
Below are a list and links to all of the Chippenham schools and the local college that we support with funding on an annual basis.
- Charter Primary School
- Frogwell School
- Ivy Lane School
- King’s Lodge School
- Monkton Park School
- Queens Crescent School
- Redland Primary School
- St Marys Catholic Primary School
- St Pauls’ School
- St Peter’s C of E Academy
Some of the different Arts groups that we have supported in the last few years include: –
- Chippenham Folk Festival https://www.chippfolk.co.uk
- Chippenham Hospital Radio – http://www.chippenhamhospitalradio.com
- Chippfest Rockin’ the Park – Find them on Facebook @Chippfest
- Clogs Musical Theatre – http://www.chippenham-clogs.co.uk
- Kandu Arts CIC – https://www.kandu-arts.com
- Make Believe Arts – https://www.makebelievearts.co.uk
- Rag and Bone Arts CIC – https://ragandbonearts.com
- Riverbank Studios – https://www.riverbankchippenham.co.uk
Our Education and Arts Officer also runs the ‘Chippenham Arts and Cultural Events’ Facebook group and the @ChippenhamACE Twitter feed. Both provide places to share local events, positive ideas and get actively involved in Chippenham Arts and Culture. Please ‘Like’ and ‘Follow’ the ACE group and use the #ChippenhamCulture when sharing news.
- Mortimore’s Wood – The small ancient woodland in Chippenham is owned by us but managed by the Mortimore’s Wood Volunteers. For all general enquiries please email them directly on email@example.com. If interested in becoming a friend of Mortimore’s Wood and wish to join them on their regular monthly work days please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Baydon’s Meadow This hay meadow is owned by us but managed by volunteers. To find out more about the group or about helping in the meadow please email email@example.com or phone Michael on 01249 564608
- Kingsley Road Community Centre* – This community centre is owned by us but run by a committee. Send them a booking enquiry via their link above* or call 01249 460704 for more information.
- Pewsham Community Centre – This community centre is owned by us but run by a separate committee for the benefit of Pewsham and the surrounding areas. Please call 01249 323161 for any enquiries.