Over the last six months we have given out over 150 grants to individuals and families in need who live in Chippenham. We have also provided funding to local organisations to support their work with Chippenham residents.
This Christmas we have given a total of £16,750 worth of Tesco gift cards to households nominated by local charities, schools and organisations. The help is aimed at those individuals or families on low incomes or who have had a particularly difficult time over the last year. Thank you to all our partner organisations in helping us reach these local people.
Our other individual grants to Chippenham residents on a low income have included white goods, furniture, mobility scooters, IT equipment, travel costs and debt relief.
The organisations we have provided grant funding to include the following: –
- £10,000 awarded to Children’s Hospice South West (CHSW) for specialist nursing and respite care for a Chippenham family and associated costs including music therapy, travel and PPE for a year.
- £8000 awarded to Julia’s House to provide two nurses for respite care for one life-limited or life threatened child at home and their family for one year together with follow up bereavement support for up to five years.
- £3,709 awarded to Wiltshire MIND for their Chippenham Peer Support Group, which provides a friendly space for anyone experiencing mental health problems.
- £1500 in match funding awarded to The Stay Safe Initiative for their Digital Empowerment programme. The programme will be running with the three secondary schools in the Chippenham area and will help young people to stay safe and lead resilient and empowered digital lives.
- £2078.40 awarded to Carer Support Wiltshire for their Chippenham Carers support group to cover room hire and refreshments for 12 months plus refreshments for the Chippenham Young Adult Carers Cafe for their next 12 monthly meetings.
- £1500 awarded to Chippenham Town Council to provide a variety of sporting activities in four drop in sports days for Chippenham children, held in town parks, during summer 2021.
- £1500 awarded to Chippenham Folk Festival to support their Autumn fundraising events and help them to provide free events for Chippenham residents to attend. Our funding support also included the recording of a special programme of traditional children’s rhymes and songs with the nationally renowned artists Nancy Kerr & James Fagan and John Kirkpatrick to make a programme for schools to use.
- £1500 awarded to Chippenham Sea Cadets towards providing a wet room facility to improve facilities for all, including access for disabled staff, cadets and visitors as and when required.
- £1,500 awarded to Chippenham Town Council to provide Mental Health workshops at Stanley Park for the local community to aid understanding and how/where to access support.
- £1000 of match funding awarded to Wiltshire Scrap Store and Resource Centre to provide over a hundred Christmas craft boxes for Chippenham primary school children with the most need and on the lowest incomes.
- £720 awarded to the 10th Chippenham Scout group to hire two skips to help with the clean up following vandalism to the Scout hut.
- £500 awarded to Chippenham Library towards the set up costs for a new Lego Club.
- £827 awarded to the Chippenham Men’s Shed for a poly tunnel to support ongoing work on their allotment.
- £350 awarded to Sheldon Road Methodist Church to help provide a Christmas meal for people on their own in the local community.
We have also given small community group restart funding to Chippenham Talking Newspapers, Allsorts Community Choir, Wiltshire Sight and The Sahara Sisters towards hall hire, marketing, PPE and/or the cost of refreshments to support a return to in person sessions.
You can find out more information, including how to apply for a grant, whether you are an organisation or individual here.